12 servings, Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 cake)
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
2 3/4 cups shredded carrots
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray Two (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; dust bottom and sides with flour. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, and SPLENDA® Sugar Blend at medium speed with an electric mixer until batter is smooth. Add flour mixture beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrots, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake, if desired. Visit www.splenda.com for a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.