To make the dough:
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil; remove from heat and add vegetable oil spread, stirring until melted. Let stand until mixture cools.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine ½ cup warm (100°F–110°F) water and yeast; let mixture stand until a creamy foam forms on top, 5–10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with a whisk attachment, beat eggs on medium speed; add Splenda Sugar Blend and salt, beating until blended. Add yeast mixture and spread mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- Switch the mixing attachment to the dough hook and gradually add flour, mixing until flour is incorporated and dough is smooth.
- Turn the mixer to high and let the dough mix for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl sprayed with cooking spray, turning the dough to coat evenly. Cover and let rise for 1 hour. (Dough can also be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Let come to room temperature before rolling.)
To make the caramel sauce:
- Prepare caramel sauce shortly before shaping sticky buns. In a saucepan, combine Splenda Brown Sugar Blend and water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until sweetener dissolves.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; boil for 5 minutes. Stir in milk and vegetable oil spread. Cook for another minute then add the pecans. Keep warm until ready to shape rolls.
To shape the sticky buns:
- In a small bowl, stir together Splenda Brown Sugar Blend and cinnamon.
- Lightly spray three 8” round or square cake pans with cooking spray. Divide warm caramel sauce among pans, spreading evenly over the bottom.
- On a lightly floured work surface, divide dough into three equal portions.
- Roll one portion of dough into a 12” x 10” rectangle. Brush with melted vegetable oil spread, then sprinkle evenly with ⅓ of Brown Sugar Blend-cinnamon mixture.
- Starting at a long edge, roll the dough tightly into a cylinder, pinching the edges to seal. Cut log into 9 slices. Arrange slices cut-side down in a pan on top of caramel sauce.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover pans and let rise in a warm place (85°F) for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, until dough is firmly set in the middle of the pan and the tops are evenly golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate so caramel is on top. Cut or pull sticky buns apart.