10 servings, Serving Size: 1 slice (1/10 of cake)
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat
1/2 cup almond slices, toasted
1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 large eggs, separated
2/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, divided
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup sifted cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan; line pan with waxed paper; grease and flour waxed paper. Sprinkle almond slices and coconut evenly in pan. Set aside.
- Drain pineapple reserving 1/4 cup juice. Squeeze excess liquid from crushed pineapple; drain well on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, cornstarch, and reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved; stir in pineapple. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Spoon over almond slices and coconut. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale; gradually add 1/3 cup SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, beating constantly. Stir in oil and almond extract. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until foamy; gradually add remaining 1/3 cup SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and corn syrup, beating until stiff but not dry. Fold beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually fold into egg mixture. Spoon batter over pineapple filling, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven.
- Sift 2 tablespoons powdered sugar on a cloth towel. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula and immediately turn out onto sugared towel. Starting at narrow end, roll cake; cool 30 minutes on a wire rack seam side down. Cut into 1-inch slices.